This online course is an Introductory one aimed at adults in contact with young people aged 8-18, and is designed to increase awareness of young people’s mental health and some of the issues that can affect this age group. The course covers protective and risk factors, stress, stigma, symptoms, signposting, recovery and self-care. MHFA England values this course at £125, however CoEJ has been able to heavily subsidise it.
What is Mental Health First Aid?
Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) is an internationally recognized training course, designed to teach people how to spot the signs and symptoms of mental ill-health and provide help on a first aid basis.
This course can be attended by anyone from age 16 upwards and will be delivered by a quality assured Instructor Member.
This is an Accredited course that will help anyone working with children including Madrasah teachers and sports coaches.
This introductory three hour session raises awareness of young people’s mental health. It covers:
- Some of the common mental health issues affecting young people, including depression, anxiety, eating disorders and psychosis
- Skills to work more effectively with young people living with mental health issues
- Ways to support young people with a mental health issue and relate to their experiences
Please click here for the full course structure.
- This is a three hour course deliveredvia online video conferencing
- Learning takes place through a mix of presentations, group discussions and workshop activities
- We limit numbers to 25 people per course so that the instructor can keep people safe and supported while they learn
Everyone who completes the session gets:
- A certificate to say you are Youth Mental Health Aware
- A course manual to keep and refer to whenever you need it
Date: Sunday, 26 September, 2021
Time: 09.30 AM – 1.00 PM (UK Time)
Course Fee: £30.00
Registration Deadline: 13 September 2021, 11.45pm BST
Limited Spaces Available.
Please note that this course is different to the longer two-day Mental Health First Aid course.
To register, fill out the form below.
Bookings are closed for this event.